Friday, January 26, 2007

another killer app from .... google

I was a long opponent of brower toolbars. My browser never installed toolbars. Never. Because of performance issues when loading a new window, because of pottential issues with JS and so on.

That was until today, when I discovered Google Toolbar. What it does so beautiful that I fell for it ?

It allows me to finally keep my bookmarks in sync, be it IE, Firefox, Windoze or Linux. And this is solving one of my business needs: to find information I once bookmarked. I do not remember site names (I'm not a cyborg, not yet). When I have something interesting I know I will need to follow-up, I set a bookmark. Going home on my recently installed Fedora 6, I had no idea how to retrieve that interesting article I stumbled upon. Until today.

Firefox users, for the Bookmarks within Google Toolbar to work, you need to install the Toolbar beta, from here

talk about world dominance, I kinda like Google's dominance instead of Microsoft's :)

No comments: