Wednesday, September 17, 2014
The problem was the mouse translation from laptop to the monitor, annoyance !
So I changed settings, and I got an error when trying to apply the new position.
Solution is given here:
Which led me to issue locally:
> xrandr --current
and then the proper command for my case:
> xrandr --output LVDS1 --auto --left-of HDMI1
and bingo, things are back to normal.
More info for fun: http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Xorg_RandR_1.2
Disclaimer: The information in this weblog is provided "AS IS" with no warranties whatsoever, and confers no rights to any institution/person/organization. These are my personal thoughts and ideas. When I am inspired by others I give credit, I do not assume other's work and efforts. This site is NOT supported, approved, blessed etc. by Lotus Software and/or IBM Corporation.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.