Thursday, July 31, 2008

I told you so ....

I sometimes have moments of intuition which have never (or rarely) proven wrong. One of these moments was the one when I anticipated that Notes 8 will be a kick-a** application. Is has, it is and it will be. Despite the fact that I also have some criticism to address (its performance), it turned out the IBM's strategy was right.

I am also linking to the article demonstrating Lotus's momentum

Not that I am now employed at IBM, but I can trust those examples and figures. Because I have seen IBM's business controls in action. You cannot lie within the company and you cannot report figures that aren't true. It's an internal system of ensuring business is accurate. It's part of IBM's image. It's not marketing. It's the truth around the subject: Notes 8 is better than any other previous Notes x.x and is also better than any other so called competitors.

I am saying 'so called' because I haven's seen ONE product (client/server) to achieve the Notes/Domino capabilities.

No comments: