Monday, March 26, 2007

this is way to funny not to mention ...

Though I've only declared to my friends, I think it won't hurt it for everybody to know: I will not work with Vista. Period. I don't want to learn anything about it, I don't want to install it on my working computers, I don't want to know about it. The same 'strategy' is true for the new Office version. At least for my common day-to-day tasks and work. Win XP and the current Office version are enough. More than enough. For diversity I'm digging Linux and OpenOffice. And Domino. And Java.

If by accident I will be hired by MS (which I doubt), I'll have to live with it. But they will have to pay me THE big bucks for me to work with Vista :)

Is this a bad decision ? Maybe so, maybe not ...

And here it is, maybe not ... reading Ed Brill's log regularly, this article came into my path: Dear Bill Gates (again)

Take the time and patience to read them (also the comments), worth the time spend. And probably you'll make you think twice before 'upgrading' to Vista and the next Office version.

No comments: