Monday, October 16, 2006

something caught my attention . 32K limit again ?!

I stumbled upon this article via Lotus RSS Feed.

If basically say that the annoying 32K limit with the @DBLookup is still there, though it has been raised to 64K with Domino 6.x
On the other hand, I see the Domino version to which is applied is 7.0, not 7.0.1 or 7.0.2.

I have some bad memories of this limit, this is why I wrote this article.

On the other hand, I seem to gain more wisdom when upgrading environments. At least for Domino as web/application server, the best policy is to wait a few sub-releases (like Domino 7.5, or Domino 7.6). Then, test, test, test your apps on a safe environment to make sure no issues occurs. This way you'll be on the safe side. Do not assume that if 7.0.2 is out, your apps will work, even if you have 7.0.1 running.

This is because sometimes 'regressions' are included in newer releases. These are bugs which were once fixed, but appear in newer releases. Why these things happen I cannot know or explain, except that Domino is some 'code monster' for those guys coding C at IBM labs.

I wonder if the 32K regression is out there on 7.0.2 ....

No comments: