Thursday, July 23, 2020

my 2020 focus area(s)

Past years with my blogging breakup, I went through some transformations. One is age (uh, he passed 40 ! ... he must be expensive ! ... no he's not).  The second is that I realized that I'll be continuously learning for the rest of my career, and that's a given. The third is that my daughter will be 18 this year, so it's time for daddy to get back to writing some potentially cool stuff. Or not, that remains to be seen.

With a new assignment starting at the beginning of the year (pre-pandemic ... :facepalm:), I am returning to the role of Integration Architect - the formal name  is some leadership role part of a leadership team :)

I am not ashamed to admit:  I don't know everything there is to know. But right now I am focusing on some Microsoft technologies. Yes, that Microsoft :) ... well, time will tell if they're trustworthy of the FOSS community attention (don't think it will ever be love, there's no such thing in open-source). They grabbed github, they appear to have changed their mindset. 

So here's my focus areas for this year: ADO, ADF, Spark, Scala, Python, HDFS, ADLS2. By focus I mean learning, we're ok here, right ? Some I knew, most I did not. And yes, I will attempt to be certified by Microsoft, once that I can get to their learning testing centers (because pandemic restrictions, we're all WFH, and I assume all their testing centers are pretty closed). 

Ha, fun times ahead.

No comments: