Wednesday, June 03, 2009

the reason I don't tweet

here's why : an fellow IBMer responds on Twitter to some query about some sensitive project, read the story here

I have no details on the story itself. I only see that an IBMer gets in a mess because he allows itself to say the word 'ridiculous'.

So, be carefully what you write, when you write and who's your audience.

This is why you won't see me on Twitter. I don't fancy this real-time kind of information exchange, to throw things out in the air, without second or third rethink about my writings.

2 comments:

Simon O'Doherty said...

I think you might of misread the article. It was a consultant that said it, not the IBM employee.

Radu Cadariu said...

As I understood it both executive and consultant were IBMers. Does not matter anyhow. What matters is to watch out when writing something which could hit media.