Friday, July 31, 2009

ldap browser

It's been a while since I highlighted free software to use. Now it's time for me to mention that I settled on the following:

JXplorer This used to be the world's finest LDAP browser for me, until 5 minutes ago, when I discovered LDAPAdmin.

Kudos to the developers of both LDAP browsers.

UPDATE: as noted by Brian in comments, the better alternative is: Apache Directory Studio . I'm using it on a regular basis, whenever I digg into LDAPs. It also has a lightweight Apache LDAP server implemented in the application, which allows for mocking with LDAP (ldif import/export, schema changes and so on) on your own station, without the risk of compromising the LDAP you are working with.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you try the free Apache Directory Studio?

http://directory.apache.org/studio/

Radu Cadariu said...

thanks, not sure if Apache Directory Studio (75MB ... doh, I know, it's a RCP app) is better, but you sure have drawn my attention on Apache Directory TripleSec, and I thank you for that.