Friday, July 20, 2007

thank you Rolling Stones !!

I was lucky enough to see the Rolling Stones performing live in Bucharest on 17th July.

I grew up listening to Beatles and Pink Floyd in the communist era, when my parents had BASF tapes running on an old Grundig player.

I also heard about Rolling Stones at that time, I knew they were part of a music we would never be able to see live.

Yet, after 25 (?!) years (I was like 8-10 years old), I saw the Rolling Stones performing in Bucharest.

It is more than music: it's attitude, it's history, it's legend, it's passion.

They came from an era when I was just a little kid listening to tapes, frightened to talk with my schoolmates about the music I am listening at home, because it was not allowed .... If you were listening to contra-revolutionary music you were also most likely planning to do something against the communist government ...

So, I do thank you Rolling Stones for your music and your passion.

No comments: