Monday, March 12, 2007

I feel like starting over ....

Is this good ? Is this bad ? 5+ years of Domino drilling down the drain ... this is my feeling after finished downloading and sparringly looking into the *.pdfs which came with the Lotus 8 Public Beta 2

I public declared I'm not interested in Domino 7, I was expecting Domino 8. And now it came... and I sincerely have the feeling that my PCLP is close to useless :) Have to start all over again ... in terms of learning the Domino environment. Not that I've ever stopped, it's just that I could install a Domino server with my eyes closed (at least on windoze), not sure this would be possible anymore.

1 comment:

Gavin Bollard said...

It was sweeping change like this that led me to abandon VB as a language after VB.Net came out.

Unlike MS, IBM/Lotus have a fantastic track record of compatibility. Unlike MS, our OLD code will still run in the new software.

I haven't had a good play yet, but so far, everything I've seen tells me that this new direction is good news, not bad.