Tuesday, February 27, 2007

how many JS Ajax frameworks ?

My guess is that Domino developers are interested in Ajax frameworks for JavaScript. While there are other server-based frameworks, guess how many Ajax JS frameworks you have to choose from (some open-source, as my newly beloved jQuery, others commercial). So, take a rough guess: 5 ? 10 ? Ntz. A wiki like site gives the answer: 36. You can see this on http://ajaxpatterns.org/Javascript_Multipurpose_Frameworks

This is something I was astonished about, then I came to think this is normal. JavaScript is blamed for it's lack of debugging but it's so versatile that I could also start my own framework. I'm not so clever though; then why bother if others took the lead and gave the world jQuery ?
Post a Comment

Disclaimer: The information in this weblog is provided "AS IS" with no warranties whatsoever, and confers no rights to any institution/person/organization. These are my personal thoughts and ideas. When I am inspired by others I give credit, I do not assume other's work and efforts. This site is NOT supported, approved, blessed etc. by Lotus Software and/or IBM Corporation.

Creative Commons License

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License.