Friday, October 20, 2006

Domino Designer speed up notes.ini variable

If you're working remotely with the Lotus Designer, you might find annoying the relatively low speed of opening design elements (dbs,forms,agents,views and so on).
Of course this depends heavily of the speed connection, but this is not the point.

I came up today on a notes.ini variable which I've tested on my Domino Designer
disable_note_cache=3

Guess what, at least for me, I noticed an approx. 30% improvement in speed of opening design elements from the remote network. The only drawback I noticed is that icons of dbs do not show up in the left hand Designer navigation, which is not very bad.

So, I'm keeping it. I think this setting is supposed to stop the Lotus Client doing local cashes of design elements. Guess what, it did a lot more for me, since I can more rapidly check design elements I want.

No comments: